Like being around other entrepreneurial geeks? Is it important to you to create products that have meaning and value? Are you looking for the space to do great things? Want to play a pivotal role in the fast track growth of one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies?
Creatix, a digital product design and development firm, is looking for a skilled SSIS/ETL Engineer with python programming skills, who will become an integral part of our Data Science & Engineering team. We’ve got game changing opportunities ahead of us, so if you’re looking for a position where you have the freedom to outdo yourself on a regular basis, read on.
Your Role at Creatix
We are looking for SSIS ETL Engineer responsible for the design, development, execution, and delivery of all ETL needs for the company. We are seeking candidates who have experience in data analysis, extraction, loading and transformation of data that meet complex requirements of various business unit needs. The ETL Engineer will act as the owner of all ETL infrastructure including execution, documentation, maintenance, and metadata management. They will also support the development of the infrastructure necessary for full scale data science, predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Design, develop and deploy Microsoft SSIS ETL jobs.
- Monitor, execute and report on all ETL jobs while working with appropriate teams to take corrective action quickly, in case of issues.
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Adapt ETL code to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation of the ETL technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures.
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture and reporting standards throughout entire ETL process.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage, and data access.
- Collaborate with the rest of the BI Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new ETL processes and/or reports.
We expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability with SSIS ETL tools
- Working experience with Python Development
- Familiarity with one or more of the following frameworks is a great plus: Airflow, Flask, pandas, numpy, scikit
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries using tools such as SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Proven experience extracting data from structured data sources (SQL, Excel, CSV files) and unstructured data sources (Couchbase, Splunk)
- Advanced ability in MS SQL 2016 and above, experience in MySQL preferred but not required
- Experience with Apache (airbnb) Airflow is a great plus
- Proven experience extracting data from various data sources (MySQL, Excel, Access, SharePoint, Azure, Text files) both on-premise and in the cloud
- Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON
- Knowledge of encryption technologies and secure file transmission products such as Posh-SSH, SSL, Open-SSL, GPG, PGP, Kleopatra, SFTP
- Familiarity with docker and docker-compose will be useful and is certainly a plus
- Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and learn new skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities
- Ability to work with the rest of the BI Team to cross-train and provide support for other BI tasks like SSRS and/or Power BI Development, Cube Maintenance, Data Analytics and Requirements Gathering.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (B2+)
Salaries vary based on relevant experience & skill.
- Mid-level minimum 1800 EUR
- Senior minimum 2600 EUR
- Flexible work hours, remote work opportunities and home office
- Annual performance bonus
- 3 sick days
- Company hackathons with generous prizes
- Chill-out zone with table football, table tennis, x-box, etc. and focus rooms
- Team buildings, family days, company breakfasts, parties and ad-hoc team events
- Free snacks, coffee, fresh fruit and smoothies
- Fitness program (Multisport or Golem card) and sponsored yoga in office
- English program (speaking and writing classes)
- Professional development program (budget dedicated for hard & soft skills)
- Exchange program (travel opportunities to work on-site in Chicago)
- Referral program & relocation bonus
We’re a growing organization that you will be proud to be a part of for years to come. If you want more than a “job” and itching for an opportunity where you can out do yourself on a regular basis, talk to us today.
How to Apply
Please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please, only qualified applicants!
By sending your CV to the above-stated email address I confirm that I was informed about the need for my personal data processing in accordance with selection procedure for this position. I also agree with processing and storing the personal data in accordance with conditions set in hereby document.